||[Apr. 13th, 2010|01:12 pm]
I am going to update because I feel like I am cheating by reading your updates and not sharing anything back - I still very much read LJ and I get a pang of excitement when I see a new entry from one of you, so here we go, albeit very briefly: |
A snapshot of me in 2010:
- I am working at St Hilda's College as Development and Alumni Relations Manager which means fund-raising through events, publications etc and it will be 2 years in August since I've joined this place. I have finished the law-conversion course last summer but have not gone on to apply for the LPC or a training contract because I don't know if I want to be a lawyer! The job that I am doing is not very challenging but it has it has its moments. It also has its moments of frustration when I think: enough - I am leaving and going to earn big money in the City doing something interesting!!! Watch this space, we shall see. In any case, I wouldn't stay here for more than a year - I will be applying for better paid roles in Development in Oxford or elsewhere...I still have a phobia of moving to London...
- I have been in the same relationship for a few years but not many people have met my partner and this makes it somehow complicated - this year will be the year when I decide whether to go ahead and move our relationship forward or start again from zero...
- I still live in Oxford and I do a lot of things with friends I have made since I've graduated I also go to London almost every weekend to visit my family and my sister.
- I am constantly busy and that is great, I never feel bored or have too much time on my hands to contemplate on the seriousness of life although these things inevitably creep in my thoughts and I will need to deal with them at some point soon.
- I very much still love going out dancing and having fun though I have learnt with disappointment that not many people share my passion so I am trying to have different groups of friends that I could do different things with.
- This year I have completed a wine tasting course and I will join the different wine tasting societies in Oxford to continue this interest.
- I will also be dancing dabkeh with the Oxford University Dabhek troupe probably for the very last term as my friends who have been leading this initiative have finished their PhDs, got married and will be moving back to Jordan etc
- I am still in love with the idea of moving away to Spain, Romania or anywhere else but will this ever happen?? I don't know! In the meantime I plan to travel more widely and outside Romania and go back to Seville at some point soon!!
- I hope to still be as lucky as I am now surrounded by my family, my gran, my friends but also not to leave important things too late and be left behind...
This is all for now!